Regarding the embedded font issue:

We have following solution which seems to work well. It's also a similar
solution we have used on Flash 7 and 8.

Embed the fonts into a SWF (Flash 8 or 9) both work with Flex. Basically put
them in a clip on the stage in the Flash IDE. Lets call it fonts.swf.

Then you create a CSS with following tags

@font-face {

    src:url("../fonts/fonts.swf") ;

    fontFamily: "DIN Neuzeit Grotesk Std Bold Cn" ;

}

.MainHeading {

      fontFamily: "DIN Neuzeit Grotesk Std Bold Cn" ;

      fontSize: 22px ;

      color: #55852A ;

}

Now you use FlexBuilder and compile the CSS into a SWF.

Then use the StyleManager to reference and load the generated css SWF

Then you could do [UIComponent].styleName = ".MainHeading" ;

Hope that helps, I might be behind you guys but this has worked on a couple
of tests we have done. I guess the font.swf will still be loaded from each
module using it but it will be returned from the browser cache.  Not sure if
Adobe have some internal caching on these loaders.

Cheers,

Jonas

  _____