Never trust Microsoft products and projects. They bring products and
destroy those products themselves because of their marketing strategy.
They never succeeded to run a product more than few years except
Window OS and MS Office.

If you put some efforts in learning a technology than you would never
want to loss.

What happend to FrontPage? What happened to ASP ?

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, slangeberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]
do make
> > version on mac. anyone remember ie on mac? they need to prove they
have
> > changed the way they do things (and think) before i would ever
trust them.

> > since i'm ranting, it seems, that users opinions don't matter. all
they
> > need to do is listen to their users and i do not get that from
them. vista
> > is an example of them living in a bubble. so as the web changes i
do not
> > think silverlight will progress when they do not listen to the users.
> >

> > On 4/29/07, simonjpalmer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > >   Does C# kill Java?
> > > Does IE kill Firefox?
> > > Does SQLServer kill Oracle?
> > > Does Windows kill UNIX?
> > > Will Silverlight kill Flex?
> > >
> > > From my 20 odd years of software development, during which time the
> > > Microsoft hegemony has been at its apogee, none of the above are
true.
> > > In fact if you want a really scalable enterprise platform you would
> > > choose the right hand side of the list above rather than the left.
> > >
> > > Where Microsoft win hands down is in Office Applications and desktop
> > > operating systems. Excel is quite possibly the best piece of desktop
> > > software ever written (Word being the worst) and long may it
reign as
> > > such. Windows is crap, but it's more than good enough for your
> > > average user and most Microsoft desktop products are actually pretty
> > > good (c'mon, be generous).
> > >
> > > I regret deeply that the rest of the world doesn't have a house full
> > > of beautiful, stable, simple Macs like I do, but the reality is that
> > > they don't as Jason points out. Instead the three or four computers
> > > the normal person interacts with in their daily lives are almost
> > > exclusively running Windows (even the ATM machines and tills at the
> > > supermarket). Not a pleasant truth, but a truth nonetheless. If you
> > > are looking for broad adoption and commercial success as a software
> > > company you start with Windows.
> > >
> > > The wonderful reality, however, is that the software industry, like
> > > all others in the history of human endeavour, thrives on competition
> > > and there is space for more than one company/product/offering to
> > > survive. Adobe are not going to be Microsoft. THANK GOD! They have
> > > and in my opinion will always have, a distinct and separate
offering.
> > > If they can't retain that differentiation then they don't deserve to
> > > remain in business and the market will take care of them.
> > >
> > > So this is a bit of a silly thread as far as I am concerned. The
> > > answer for me is clearly No for all the same reasons that Microsoft
> > > haven't killed any of the other things on the list at the top. They
> > > might try, but I think they should be more worried about Google and
> > > web based desktop software than Adobe and the flash player.

<flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com>, Bjorn