I feel like its back to the Old QBasic ways...
Make one super long file that does everything, thats kind of nuts.

You mean there isn't a "Load NextScreen" type of thing?  Where a whole
new set of objects live? and I don't have to worry about hiding
everything?

So far it feels to me, so far, I need to create lots canvases for the
different "screens" the application uses, and then create a funciton
that hides all but the one in focus...

Can anyone describe how they setup their code?

As far as logic, Im not too worried abotu that as most the logic will
be in CF webservices, im more worried about having an insane amount of
visual code in the MXML.