From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Kyle Neath
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2007 4:19 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] DataGrid: Horizontal Scrolling very slow

I'm using a custom itemRenderer that displays a checkmark (or not)
right now (I spent a long time optimizing it -- the itemRenderer is
good to go). Right now about 600 itemRenderers are visible at once
(though more than half of them are technically empty).

I guess I'm mostly stumped at how horizontal scrolling could be so
much different than vertical scrolling.