--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel Freiman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> On inspection it looks like I did what Alex is talking about.
> I'm a little confused at the sliding image issue.  In my experience
the
> loaded images are placed in the top left corner of the Image
control unless
> you explicitly do something else.

Well, that is what it looked like at first, but what actually seems
to happen is that the placement is quite arbitrary.  The same image
will always have the same placement, but two images of a similar size
might have different placements.  For instance if I have an image
that is 300x100 and one that is 275x100, one of them will be at the
top, the other at the bottom.

I find myself mystified as to why the image control doesn't just have
properties that let you specify where the content is.  In Authorware,
when you import an image there's a little grid that lets you choose
one of 9 placements for the image relative to where you imported it.
This is great when you're replacing imported content dynamically,
because you can align it how you want.

> You should be able to fit the Image control to the loaded image
perfectly by
> doing something like this:
>
> image.width = image.content.width;
> image.height = image.content.height;
> image.content.x = 0;
> image.content.y = 0;

Could that potentially make the content rescale again, resulting in
an endless loop?

Thanks!