Hey Bjorn,

Bjorn Schultheiss wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> I don't know if there has been a previous thread on this. I'm
> assuming there is but i thought i'd start one again in light of some
> recent blog posts about a Silvafug meeting by the assertTrue guys on
> frameworks.
>
> http://www.asserttrue.com/articles/2007/10/17/silvafug-application-
> frameworks-presentation
> http://probertson.com/articles/2007/10/18/flex-application-frameworks-
> presentations/
> http://www.sephiroth.it/weblog/archives/2007/10/flex_frameworks.php
>
> I haven't used PureMVC yet but I have used Cairngorm for a while
> (since the flash 7 days).
>
> I will say I've got a few beefs with Cairngorm and from just looking
> at the PureMVC diagram i already see a few solutions.
>
> I guess my main beefs with cairngorm has been the use of commands.
> Specifically in creating Re-usable commands.
> the 1 to 1 event-command-delegate methodology has never sat well with
> me.
>
> Dumb Models (vo collections) is another.

I am wondering what makes you think that the CG models need to be dumb?

Why can't your CG model be a domain model? Then a ModelLocator simply
holds a reference to an object which forms part of a complex object
graph. The Objects are not just simple VOs(DTOs) but have state,
behaviour, event listeners and handlers.

cheers,
  - shaun