Hey Shaun,

It took me a while to grapple with but thats how it's been explained to me.

VO's. Thats it.
All logic is in the commands.

Now excuse me if I'm wrong and I'll be happy to be proven so.

In terms of event handling well, if a VO is Bindable is that the same?
Do you mean listening to the view or commands?

I'll quote Jesse again.

http://jessewarden.com/2007/08/10-tips-for-working-with-cairngorm.html
3. Only Commands set data on the Model; you can break this, just don’t if you can help it. In Model View Controller, only the Controller sets data on the Model. In this case, the Commands are the Controller (usually), and as such, setting ModelLocator data is their job, and their job alone. If data is getting f’d up, you immediately know it’s in the Command. You never have to question “who’s setting my data, where, and when?”.

regards,

Bjorn

On 23/10/2007, at 12:00 PM, shaun wrote:

Hey Bjorn,

Bjorn Schultheiss wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> I don't know if there has been a previous thread on this. I'm
> assuming there is but i thought i'd start one again in light of some
> recent blog posts about a Silvafug meeting by the assertTrue guys on
> frameworks.
>
> http://www.asserttrue.com/articles/2007/10/17/silvafug-application-
> frameworks-presentation
> http://probertson.com/articles/2007/10/18/flex-application- frameworks-
> presentations/
> http://www.sephiroth.it/weblog/archives/2007/10/flex_frameworks.php
>
> I haven't used PureMVC yet but I have used Cairngorm for a while
> (since the flash 7 days).
>
> I will say I've got a few beefs with Cairngorm and from just looking
> at the PureMVC diagram i already see a few solutions.
>
> I guess my main beefs with cairngorm has been the use of commands.
> Specifically in creating Re-usable commands.
> the 1 to 1 event-command-delegate methodology has never sat well with
> me.
>
> Dumb Models (vo collections) is another.

I am wondering what makes you think that the CG models need to be dumb?

Why can't your CG model be a domain model? Then a ModelLocator simply
holds a reference to an object which forms part of a complex object
graph. The Objects are not just simple VOs(DTOs) but have state,
behaviour, event listeners and handlers.

cheers,
- shaun