Yes, MD5 is a hashing algorithm and it is unlikely you'd be able to
take a hash and get the original text (in a timely / efficient manner).

  There are a few AS3 encryption projects.  ASCrypt3:
ascrypt3.riaforge.com and Crypto http://crypto.hurlant.com/

  Both of them have 2-way encryption algorithms you could use.  AES
perhaps?  That said, I worry about the security implications of storing
this type of authentication between application uses.

--
Jeffry Houser, Technical Entrepreneur, Software Developer, Author,
Recording Engineer