Le 15 mai 08 à 10:27, Mathieu Fernandez a écrit :

Rick Winscot a écrit :
Then the complexity of your solution just jumped a notch… since there is a very big gap getting things in/out of Flex. Let just say that you could scaffold in a Word .doc in Flex… what then? You’d have to have a web server running locally to read or write anything to disk. You might be able to signal a local download of some sorts… perhaps the real issue here is practicality. Given the constraints that I’m hearing – I think that it is safe to say that the answer to your question is a solid no. If you had the liberty to mix in a few other technologies… perhaps. AIR is a solid method to read/write files but again you still have to contend with the expanse of the .doc file format – and again practicality comes into view. It would be much more valuable (as a solution goes) to use a format that Word can read and is friendly to Flex – like rich text.

OK so if I understand well, it's not possible to create a word file without using a server. Too bad, we gone try to use Java POI and forced the user to be connected to create a Word document.

Somebody know about the limitation of Java POI ? I probably need to put table, graphics and pictures in Word document. Is it possible with POI ?

Hi,

If I were you I'd stick with PDF.
Why would you use a word document except of course if the user will use and modify it ?

Anyways, if you use Java, go for pdf:
http://www.lowagie.com/iText/

As for POI we have users who are good with excel so we present them the data in Datagrid and all sorts of charting components and the excel export sends back the raw data so they can play with it ;^)

Good luck,

Farid