> Hello all,
>
> One comment to V31MD operation.
> I ran 40m single band with my 2x5Y full size Yagi and I have to say you
were probably the TOUGHEST multiplier to achieve not because you were
weak
> or inaudible but because of the way you run - ingnored there is 1000
stations in Eu you could easily work and who want to work you. The globe
is not only USA !
> You were not loud in Eu but reasonably audible - the problem was you
were
> NOT at ALL so far as I have observed (at least 15 times) listened on
your
> own frequency or CQ "upstairs" and listen "downstairs". I came to you at
least 5 times before I made it and no avail. There was always a couple
of
> Eu stations calling but you did not care at all !.

Well, I think I did most of the 40m station work and I did care.  I love
to work Europe anytime.  I just did not succeed anywhere near as much as I
would have liked in the contest.

I expected to work a lot more Europe than I did.  At home, I can work
Europe on 40 any night, usually do, and expected to do the same from V3.
But, for the most part, I didn't.  I am not sure why.  I know I did spend
time
listening on frequency.  It's just that I didn't hear much, not from
Europe.  So, I probably went with where the contacts were.  On frequency,
I mostly heard Canadians and a few Carribeans.  And, as I recall, not much
of either.  I don't know why -- I was able to hear Japan just fine.
Working many Japanese on 40 was a highlight of the whole trip.

I would like to be talking just as fondly about my European run on 40, but
it never happened.  I don't really know why.

I may have more to say about this when I get home so I can look up
particulars.

But, in fact, it would have been a great pleasure to have worked more
Europeans on 40 meters.  Not doing so was a disappointment.

I am very distressed that you had so much trouble in particular.  Despite
my general difficulties, I should have been able to work you easily, even
if I wasn't listening on frequency as much as you might have expected.

Larry   WO0Z   V31LL