Hear hear (or is that here here?) -- we need the "shiny new unstable I promise to wear a hard hat and safety glasses when running" branch.

It seems the pace of improvements and feature additions over the past few months has fallen off - think some of this is due to the current focus on stabilizing 1.4.x. I know I've not done any major work on the code in the last few months in part because there's no route to the masses for it with the focus on stabilization.

Maybe a library system (CVS, Subversion, what have you) to manage development of the 'shiny new unstable' branch to try and take some of the workload of Eric and Flex in managing two branches.

Regards,

Bill (kd5tfd)