Hi,

I am doing the initial configuration on my SDR-1000/100 and ran into a problem getting the N8VB vCom driver to work per the SDR1000 manual. I am using a Firebox sound card. Computer is 2.16 Mhz Athlon with 448 MB RAM Only 1 hardware COM port is installed and is working. There are three USB ports installed and working, none with a USB to serial oirt converter. However, I previously had a USB to serial port driver installed, but nothing shows up in the Device manager; the only serial port that shows in the device manager is COM 1. I installed the vCom driver per page 128 of the SDR manual. The Device Manager says it is working ok. I downloaded and installed the latest version of HRD and tried to connect using the procedure in the manual. When I start HRD, I do not get the same connect screen as shown in the SDR-1000 manual on page 133. It does not have FlexRadio SDR-1000 listed. So I selected TS-2000, the same as on the SDR1000 setup screen, and get the message: Kenwood TS-2000 Com4, 57600, access denied. I tried every other combination of setting up I could think of, ie, setting up HRD first, using another COM port, etc. and no joy.

How do I check/change the COM ports that vCOM is using?

Tnx for your support.