Mike:

In this forum, there are no dumb questions or bad ones. The only dumb questions are the ones you needed to ask and did not.

It may appear that this stuff is magical technical jargon, but we came into this putting our underwear on the same we always did before and likely you did as well. We have spent two years on this one project almost to the exclusion of all else and we can get a little deep in our common jargon. Like all of these Gnu style projects, the documentation lags far behind the product. There is an operational document for the last official (non beta) release but there is so much new stuff in the beta releases that you have to have a place to come ask. That is why we are here. There are almost no technical writings about the hardware or software of any significance since Gerald's original articles appeared in QEX.

MEA CULPA along with some others. As volunteers, we get to say the work is fun, the documentation of the technical work is lacking and we completely acknowledge this but do not hold your breath until you pass out waiting for it to arrive.

73's
Bob, N4HY

Mike wrote:

Fellow SDR users,

I am using version 1.4.4 with my SDR. I have been reading the reflector for several months and I must admit that perhaps I have made a mistake. I am at somewhat of a loss at this point. I am reluctant to try any further versions of the software. It seems that my area of expertise is in areas other than computers and computer programming. Therefore I have very little clue as to the meaning of most of the posted messages on the reflector. Perhaps I am in the minority, or perhaps there may be others who might benefit from a "translator" of sorts to attempt to put some of the available knowledge into a language which might be understood by a person such as I. At this point in time, I am inclined to "revert" to my comfortable regular style radios that I have been using for the last 46 years.

My onboard computer(brain) is running way over the 100% level trying to comprehend.

At any rate, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all Flexers.

73,   Mike K5NU