-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Joe - AB1DO
Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2005 2:00 PM
To: FlexRadio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Confession

 Mike,

 welcome to the club. You are not the only one who only understands a
 fraction of what is being mailed/said (especially on anything Xylo
related).
 But the great thing is that not understanding the s/w doesn't mean you
can't
 use it. Flex-Radio is very good at that. I have downloaded and run almost
 every single release since I bought mine. It hasn't broken anything. If I
 didn't like it, I reverted to a previous release. That's the great thing
 about this rig. Better still, I can voice what didn't work for me and I get
 listened to. Larry Loen, especially, is great at that.

 You are by no means in the minority. Quite the opposite. Given that
 Flex-Radio has sold (well) over more than a thousand SDRs and that there
 aren't anywhere near a thousand contributors to either the reflector or
 teamspeak, you belong to a vast majority.

 Go ahead, download 1.4.5P8. It won't break anything. As far as I
understand,
 it might not run (that's the bit of the reflector I do understand - user's
 experiences), but so what. Delete it and just wait for the next version. If
 it does run, great. You don't want to deal with directx, then don't. I
 don't - I don't have a whizz bang graphics card and I don't intend to buy
 one either. My PC's ticking at a lazy 2-6% without, so why should I bother?
 You don't want to deal with the virtual audio cable, don't. Second sound
 card works just as well. But the new AGC? Man that's good. Do I understand
 all the settings for it? Nope. I read VK Phil's document and understand it
 for a while, but then forget it all a month later. But I'll play with it.

 In the end your ears (and eyes) are the judge of the end result. Nothing
 more, nothing less.

 As for the girls that come with riding the wave? If you don't enjoy the
 ride, the chicks ain't worth it. So forget them, they just distract. And
the
 ride can be what you want; no need to show off, just have fun. You didn't
 make a mistake, you got a great rig. In fact you got the only rig that gets
 better. Thanks for breaking the silence,

 73 de Joe - AB1DO