I RTFM.  I have my radio set up as described on P 91
of the FM.  I have the keyer going to the ext key jack
on the back of the radio.  I have the new keyer
selected.  I have Iambic and Monitor turned off and Hi
Res turned on.  I have the side tone of my keyer going
into an external mixer so I can hear the SDR and the
sidetone in the cans.  I prefer to not reduce the
buffer size.  As far as I can tell I'm optimized for
the buffer size I have chosen.  Is there something I'm
missing?

I RTFM further and it tells me I should get the clock
speed with perf.exe.  I get 3,579,545 Hz.  I have a P4
with HT 3.3ghz and I checked before I bought it to
make absolutely sure it had the high res clock.

I RTFM farther and there is a bunch of stuff around P
126 about the "old keyer"  I can't even find these
forms in the program.  So tell me what part of the FM
should I be reading?

I RTFF and Sami Aintila telle me I will get 3,579,545
Hz even if I have ACPI 2.0 running.  So it seems the
FM is wrong or not?  Or it seems perf.exe will tell me
an answer that tells me something or nothing or not?
It seems I have ACPI 2.0 or not?  It seems I have the
keyer hooked up correctly unless I need to be using
the "old keyer".  So the FM isn't all that clear or is
it?

Note all I was saying in my post was that for me QSK
is not the point, and I don't think its the point for
most CW ops.  I've accepted this is always going to be
a semi break-in experience.  Optimizing TX/RX
turn-around might improve the feel of the radio on CW.

One other thing since I got you on the line.  I would
like to set up VAC but there is a new version.  One of
the list members said he had trouble with V 4  would
you reccommend just going with V 3.12?

Tnx es 73  Lee W9OY