Once you have Tortoise downloaded it takes less that 5 minutes to install it and set it up. Setup is no more complicated than pasting in an address of the SVN server and that is it, you are done.

Once you start using it you will love it, right click on the folder containing the source, select update, and in my case in a few seconds you have the latest and greatest code to play with. And if you made changes to some of the files, you don't loose those changes, you can't say that with downloading a zip file.