The computer I use with my SDR-1000 recently took either a ligtning hit or a
power surge, such that the motherboard had to be replaced.  I've since
rebuilt this machine with a new motherboard, using the original disks,
memory, cpu, Delta44, etc.  It has a fresh install of WinXP Home SP2.

I've done a fresh install and calibration of PowerSDR 1.6.2 and also have
the K6JCA console (July 29 version, I think).

All seems to be well except for the fact that the received audio is
accompanied by an annoying "crackle" which is very unpleasant to listen to
and was not evident prior to this incident.  The voice or CW audio itself
seems OK - subjectively, the crackle seems to be superimposed on otherwise
good audio.

I made a post-processed wav recording of a CW signal.  On playback via the
computer's on-board soundcard (not the Delta44) the audio sounded clean - no
nastiness present.  I haven't tried a recording/playback of pre-processed
signal yet.

Buffer sizes are the initial defaults for the Delta 44 and PowerSDR.

I'm wondering if I missed some config setup option or if the Delta44 card is
damaged also?  I plan on trying to move it to a different slot on the
motherboard to see if anything changes.

Any ideas appreciated.

Pete, N3EVL