When I was playing 683 myself last night I was wondering the
very same thing. The physical layout of my speakers is such
that the "left" one is the only one that I can actually move
to be on my right (cable limitations).

Also while playing with 683 I was once again pondering how
could settings such as volume and "RF Gain" be integrated
directly into the panadapter window. Perhaps sliders
superimposed over the filter bar for each receiver. Probably
not something to pursue with the existing console but should
definitely be thought about for the new console(s).

Duane
N9DG