Well, after a few days without the SDR1000 I cracked and decided to
start again from scratch...

This time I got the ready built unit, with all the latest mods, plus the
M-Audio Delta44 card.  I also specified the 2M IF, but that is being
sent later, so it looks like they will expect me to fit that board
myself.  LOL

I've got it up and running this afternoon and checked it into my Bird
Termaline dummy load and it calibrates OK.  One question, the Gain
results on the paper they sent is different to the default settings.  Do
you have to keep re-entering them?  I noticed that, when I changed from
V1.6.2 to one of the latest updates, the gain numbers were different.
Is there a way to save the gain figures and do they get changed by the
calibration routine?

I've already calibrated against WWV on 10MHz, so almost ready to start
making some contacts.  What's the betting there will be a CME, I wont
have any antennas up for VHF, and the HF bands will be knocked out?  HI

Dave (G0DJA)