>are very popular with some people.  It's
> just a personal choice, I wouldn't try to tell another engineer which
> type of meter he should use, just because it didn't suit me.
>
> Dave (G0DJA)

Dave,   Please re-read the subject title. see the word "option"... Also
please see Feature Tracker for cogent comments on how to implement a fix.
You will see from the feature tracker comments that many valid engineering
reasons were stated  why the display space should be better utilized, and
better implementations for the feature.

An important part of engineering GUIs is using display space in an efficient
manner.  This dB meter data is duplicated two places on the display
simultaneously already. The first feature tracker comment suggested to the
programmers that the second simultaneous display was a waste of valuable
screen display space, and that a better use for that 90X100 pixels would be
a Transmit meter.

I feel these are valuable and important suggestions for improvements.

-Dan  K6KDK