Hmmmm.  Sounds like something new in your Windoze.

Have you tried running Windows Task Manager
(Ctrl-Alt-Delete) and clicking on the Processes tab.

You can click twice on the CPU tab and it will sort
the processes to show you from the most CPU down to
the least CPU.  See if you can identify the culprit.
You can Google whatever shows up when your SDR-1000
starts popping.

It also may be a buffer size issue.

Mike - AA8K