Hi Tim:

    Thanks for your very rapid reply on a Sunday and a Holiday to
boot!   I also got a reply from Ken, N9VV.  He basically agrees with
you, and I gladly accept the turn on drift, no problem.  I stand
informed and educated by you both, thanks!

    What does bother me though is the drift that occurs for about 2
seconds after going from TX to RX.  This same amount of drift happens no
matter what power level is run, and no matter  for what time period the
transmission occurs.  Makes for tough operating in a digital mode
contest, which is my main operation here.  I have never seen this
mentioned on the Flex reflector.  Owing to the fact that the drift
amount and time to stabilize remains the same, it doesn't seem like any
temperature related phenomena.  If this is inherent to normal operation
of the SDR-1000, then it would appear that either the K2WS mod, or the
GPS mod may be in order.  I really want to be sure though before I spend
the big bucks, that there is no other alternative.

Brian K7RE