On 1/3/07, Bob McGwier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip>
> After we have the radio running either stand alone with a Linux box in
> it (or in the case of SDR-1000, by it) we can then work out the delivery
> of audio across the room, across town,  across the planet.  It will
> simply be a different connection for the Linux box, running jack,
> providing the ultimate in audio service and delivered to the registered
> client managed by the erlang core.
<snip>
> Happy New Year
> Bob  N4HY

If you have a Linux box (Mini-ITX/Nano-ITX?) running the SDR core, it
might make sense to partition that radio up into a digital section
that is on a PCI or PCIe card and an isolated ADC/analog section.
Having the digital section setting on the PCI bus gives you great
bandwidth and solves that part of the problem.  A PCI driver for Linux
is no problem.

I am considering either a GigaE or PCI/PCIe interface for a future
version of QSxR.  I am leaning towards a PCI/PCIe version with a high
speed serial (either fiber or copper) connecting/isolating the
ADC/analog and digital sections for the type of application (Linux box
running SDR core).

Phil N8VB