  From: Tom Thompson
  To: Jeff Anderson
  Cc: FlexRadio@flex-radio.biz
  Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2007 11:32 PM
  Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Spur on AM

  Hi Jeff,

  Thank you for your thorough analysis.  I looked for some specs on the RS
  units but found none.  I did find some 1:1 transformers in the Digikey
  catalog that had a 10K impedance (part # 237-1151 for $17).  These
  transformers had 2-db cut offs at 300 Hz and 100 KHz.  I then looked up
  the Jensen units that Tim uses.  These specs are spectacular with 3-db
  points at 0.1 Hz and 15 MHz and less than 0.5 degrees deviation from
  linear phase from 20 Hz to 20 KHz.  The maximum THD is less than 0.03%.
  They are designed to drive 20 K ohms while being driven from 600 ohms.
  The price is over $100.  I think that the results are going to vary
  depending on the transformer just as Jim predicted.

  73   Tom   W0IVJ