> On Wednesday 07 February 2007 11:18, someone wrote:
>>   However, market realities (90% of users use windows,
>> etc.) mean that the allocation of development resources might push
>> towards the MS platform, just to accomodate the majority.
>
> I don't doubt that the majority of "ALL users" including those that just
> do
> email use the default os, but I would think that the majority of "SDR
> users"
> would be in a more computer literate group.  A group that could appreciate
> the advantages of not being tied to a single os vendor with manipulative
> tendencies.
>
> Jeff/KA5MIR

I propose an interesting compromise --

If we produce Linux (and Mac) versions, why not only commit to do them on
the actual release boundaries (with addition of perhaps the last beta or
three)?

This is more of a support question than a coding question and it may be
better to just "do it all" anyway.  But, there could be a notion, one way
or another, of major/minor "release" such that we wouldn't be able to
expect a Linux/Mac version for each of the (eventually numberless)
versions of the console.

Thus, people running on the equivalent of 1.8.0 could expect to see a
Linux or Mac version (if we did both), but people running at the "SVN"
level would be far more on their own in terms of whether/when/how often
these things rolled out on the nonWindows platforms and how any interim
versions were created and/or tested.

Larry  WO0Z