I have had my SDR-1000 for about 6 months now and I am very happy with it for
the most part.  After all is said and done the only criticism that I really
have of the rig is the performance of the Compressor.  What is this function
actually?  I have tried all versions of the Power SDR software and I just can't
seem to get the compression performance that I am used to with my conventional
transceivers.  If I increase the level of compression to where I approach the
level of average power that I am used to,  the audio is not clear but muffled.
The unprocessed audio with the SDR has been exceptional but the only way I can
get the rig to approach the punch and talk power of my other rigs is to use my
Ten-Tec 234 speech processor with the SDR.  Using the external unit my audio is
indistinguishable from a FT-1000D or TS-870 both using 10db of compression.  I
just cannot duplicate this with the software.  I wonder if the guys at Flex
realize that the processing is lacking?  If not it may never improve.  If so
I'll wait patiently for an improvement.
Frank,  WA3JBT.