I'm using the Flex 1000
The ptt and keyer are hard wired to the radio.
I'm not using com ports for keying, but
I have no problem with the com ports, the logging
programs track no problem.
I imagine this is peculiar to the 1000.
I haven't tried yet to see which version of svn below the current is ok
other than what I mentioned before, 1730 and below is OK.