On Dec 25, 2007 9:28 PM, Robert McGwier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Gerald Youngblood (FlexRadio Systems) wrote:

> > Let me clarify that FlexRadio will not force an OS that is not
> compatible
> > with the bulk of amateur radio software applications...

> The goal is to march along with the natural changes that are occurring
> even as I am typing...

The other thing that might not be completely clear is this. Many of the
dramatic changes coming up in HyperSDR will be invisible to the user. They
involve radical reorientation of the structure and underpinnings of
PowerSDR. It is not just a goal but an absolute necessity for these changes
to *simplify* life for the user. At the same time, what the changes do is
make possible a huge range of enhancements to the radio software as a system
and not as a single application.

Staying with the "old" version will always be possible. On the other hand,
if you want to take advantage of the "new" possibilities, you'll have to bit
the bullet. You'll have to swallow the unfortunate necessity of adopting a
much simpler, more flexible, more capable system.

Your choice.

73
Frank
AB2KT