Hello Flexers,

Cecil's note below comes the closest of anyone on this list to capturing the
strategy.  Let me summarize from FlexRadio's perspective:

1) The next generation software will be developed first on Linux and then
moved to Windows.  The windows move will be through whatever method makes
the most sense at the time we are ready for the move.  That could be through
virtualization (VM) or through porting the software.
2) #1 above is exactly how the DSP code we use today (dttdsp) was developed
and then ported into PowerSDR.
3) It would be dumb of us to make a business decision that would force the
majority of our customers to deal with a more complex solution.  We are into
simplifying things rather than making them more complicated.  You can take
that one to the bank.
4) If you hear debate back and forth on technical issues, please don't
worry.  We are in this to serve those of you who simply want a great radio
that "just keeps getting better."  As we discuss how to make it better,
remember that we won't leave you behind.
5) Unlike other radios with imbedded DSP chips that will never, ever get
faster or allow more memory, our customers can upgrade their PC, which
continues to get cheaper and faster.  That means that we can add more
capabilities over time that would bog down a typical DSP chip.  In fact, I
just bought a new Gateway PC with an Intel Quad Core processor for $699.00.
I upgraded to 3 GB RAM for $60.00 and a high performance DVI graphics card
for another $34.00.  PowerSDR running at 192 kHz takes between 2-5% of the
CPU.  Basically, the CPU is bored from all its idle time.
6) Just think, how many radios have you ever owned that had the promise of a
true next generation of software?  Oh, and that includes the SDR-1000 from
which is no longer in production.
7) Remember that we will always keep a stable Official Release that you can
rely on.

Hope this helps to clear the air some.

Regards,
Gerald