On Dec 28, 2007 1:53 PM, k5nwa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So, through Erlang messages the GUI sends and receives CAT commands
> to/from the rest of the system? If that is how it will work then,
> that is fairly simple to implement in whatever language floats your boat.

That's one way. The CAT interpreter is a service (which I'm at this moment
trying to get out the door in its virgin form). You can send CAT commands as
usual, which get routed to an Erlang port; or you can send
newline-terminated text strings to different port, which get routed to that
same Erlang port; or you can send Erlang messages directly to the same port,
via a small library that gets linked to your application. A reply merely
reverses the inbound path.

73
Frank
AB2KT