Does anyone have experience with 64bit Vista? Is it more stable than
the 32 bit? If I use Vista, explorer has to reset itself probably 3-4
times a week and once a month I have to repair the OS from its
installation dvd once a month. It really is on the border of unusable
over here on my q6600 machine. I am about ready to remove the dual
boot capability and just run vista for testing in a virtual machine.

Neal

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 9:08 AM, k5nwa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> At 07:42 AM 4/25/2008, you wrote:
>  >Microsoft is holding firm to ending retail sales of XP at the end of
>  >June of this year. They will allow OEMs to bundle it with "low-cost
>  >computer systems". They have, however, promised to support XP
>  >(releasing new bugs, eh, fixes) thru June of 2010.
>  >
>  >As you may know, when you buy Vista you can "downgrade" to a license
>  >of XP and I am not sure what that policy will mean in terms of end of
>  >selling XP (can you still downgrade after June 2008?).
>  >
>  >I know that since I am doing a ton of software testing on Vista but
>  >its so unstable I cannot use the testing machine regularly without it
>  >blowing up. Oddly enough, the only place I have Vista stability is
>  >running it under Apple Boot Camp or in VMWare.
>  >
>  >Neal
>
>  I noticed the same, the reason is that large chunks of Microsoft code
>  are replaced by Apple, so surprise, Windows is more stable.
>  Unfortunately an OS inside another OS is not as responsive in terms
>  of SDR applications, now you have two OS's to worry about going off
>  doing it's own thing while the radio waits for no one.
>

>  Cecil
>  K5NWA
>  www.softrockradio.org  www.qrpradio.com
>
>  "Blessed are the cracked, for they shall let in the light."

Neal Campbell
Abroham Neal Software
Programming Services for Windows, OS X and Linux
(540) 242 0911