Thanks Jim. That's the info I was looking for.
-----Original Message----- From: Jim R [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2008 11:37 PM To: Jerry Johnson; [email protected] Subject: RE: [Flexradio] Surprise, there is a new HRFIO board to buy for your Flex 5000a (maybe I missed an announcement on this also) Jerry That link was working earlier today but is down now. I don't know if it was taken down for editing or not. The exact same info I saw there can be seen here: http://kb.flex-radio.com/article.aspx?id=10495 Some more info showing how the HRFIO board relates just to RX2 can be found here: http://kb.flex-radio.com/article.aspx?id=10494 Hope this helps. Jim K5HY > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] > To: [email protected] > Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 22:19:44 -0500 > Subject: [Flexradio] Surprise, there is a new HRFIO board to buy for your Flex 5000a (maybe I missed an announcement on this also) > > Looks like our designers missed something when designing the Flex5000A and > some of the promised future expansions. So much that now it's time to start > paying for upgrades to fully use some features. > I was caught off guard last week to find out the price of the RX2 has went > up in price or to say the promotion was over. (I missed any announcement > that there was an end date to that one). Now it appears we might need a new > HRFIO board according to the Flex ordering web site to fully use the second > receiver. > All of sudden I'm learning why I shouldn't be an early adopter. > Don't get me wrong. I love the Flex and how it's changing the industry, but > they apparently have identified a short coming on the original design and > have come up with a fix. But what's next? They finish the design of the > transverters and we find the next board that's going to have to be replaced > and maybe it won't be this cheap. > According to the web site there is a $40 rebate when you return the old > board so that helps ease the cost. > > So a questions and I'll shut up. > Can Flex outline what features each of the 3 HRFIO boards has so I can make > a decision if I even want this upgrade? That way I can decide if the RX2 > which now costs $649 + $169 (HRFIO) -($40 REBATE) is worth it. > > Thanks, Jerry, WB0UZW. > > PS for Tim I think. The 'More info'. .link on this new board appears to be > broke. The link might have the answer to my question buy I can't get it to > work. > _______________________________________________ > FlexRadio Systems Mailing List > [email protected] > http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz > Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/ > Knowledge Base: http://kb.flex-radio.com/ Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com/ > _______________________________________________ FlexRadio Systems Mailing List [email protected] http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/ Knowledge Base: http://kb.flex-radio.com/ Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com/

