There is absolutely no need to apologize to anyone.  Opinions are always 
welcome.  I can see where one might get your initial impression especially if 
it is not 100% understood that the change was providing current RX2 and future 
transverters upgrades and was not required unless you wanted the new 
capabilities.

I am glad the radio is designed in a modular fashion so that I have the option 
to spend $129 for new features rather than two to four thousand dollars for a 
new rig to get those same new optional features.

And for all the US folks, everyone have a safe and enjoyable 4th of July.  I 
think I smell a hotdog with my name on it :-)

-Tim


-----Original Message-----
From: Jerry Johnson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, July 04, 2008 11:29 AM
To: Tim Ellison; 'Lee Mushel'; 'Edwin Marzan'; [email protected]
Subject: RE: [Flexradio] Surprise, there is a new HRFIO board to buy for your 
Flex 5000a (maybe I missed an announcement on this also)

Tim, as I told Lee off list, I agree and yes we are spoiled. That's why I
voted with my dollars for the Flex and will continue to do so.
This just caught me off guard. The radio still seems brand new and it's time
to upgrade.
I must be the only one on the reflector that was surprised by this.
Sorry, my apologies.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Jerry

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Ellison [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, July 04, 2008 10:10 AM
To: Lee Mushel; Edwin Marzan; Jerry Johnson; [email protected]
Subject: RE: [Flexradio] Surprise, there is a new HRFIO board to buy for
your Flex 5000a (maybe I missed an announcement on this also)

This is a good point.

Take the "upgrade" between the IC-756 Pro II and the Pro III as an example
of the extreme end of the scale.  It is the same radio with a bit more
filtering at the first IF, a slightly improved preamp and 60m support and it
was almost $1000 more than the list price of the Pro II when it was
released.  We get very spoiled because with a SDR, we get *lots* of upgrades
to the radio for free with a software download or for a small incremental
cost when it is a rare hardware change.


-Tim




_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kb.flex-radio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com/

Reply via email to