This is a good point.

Take the "upgrade" between the IC-756 Pro II and the Pro III as an example of 
the extreme end of the scale.  It is the same radio with a bit more filtering 
at the first IF, a slightly improved preamp and 60m support and it was almost 
$1000 more than the list price of the Pro II when it was released.  We get very 
spoiled because with a SDR, we get *lots* of upgrades to the radio for free 
with a software download or for a small incremental cost when it is a rare 
hardware change.


-Tim


-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Lee Mushel
Sent: Friday, July 04, 2008 9:45 AM
To: Edwin Marzan; Jerry Johnson; [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Surprise, there is a new HRFIO board to buy for your 
Flex 5000a (maybe I missed an announcement on this also)

Speaking from personal experience, I have not been too successful in my
attempts to see into the future.  Normally, the discovery of a potential
improvement by a manufacturer is simply used as bait to get one to buy an
improved product---the entire product.   The fact that Flex is making
improved/changed components available simply reinforces my conviction that I
chose the right company to deal with!  Will there be future physical changes
in the 5000 product line?   I sincerely hope so.   Until someone tells me
that I have no choice but to buy something I see nothing wrong with this
approach.

73

Lee   K9WRU
----- Original Message -----
From: "Edwin Marzan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Jerry Johnson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, July 04, 2008 12:35 AM
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Surprise, there is a new HRFIO board to buy for
your Flex 5000a (maybe I missed an announcement on this also)


>
> The company has a right to make improvements in it's design whenever they
see fit. Surely you have no objection to this, do you?
>
> Happy 4th!
>
> Edwin MarzanAB2VW> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To:
[email protected]> Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 22:19:44 -0500> Subject:
[Flexradio] Surprise, there is a new HRFIO board to buy for your Flex 5000a
(maybe I missed an announcement on this also)> > Looks like our designers
missed something when designing the Flex5000A and> some of the promised
future expansions. So much that now it's time to start
> _________________________________________________________________
> Don't get caught with egg on your face. Play chicktionary!
> http://club.live.com/chicktionary.aspx?icid=chick_wlhmtextlink1_feb
> _______________________________________________
> FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
> [email protected]
> http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
> Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
> Knowledge Base: http://kb.flex-radio.com/  Homepage:
http://www.flex-radio.com/
>
>



_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kb.flex-radio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com/


_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kb.flex-radio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com/

Reply via email to