What does it make you wonder, Pete?

73,

Bob, K5KDN

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Pete M
Sent: Sunday, July 20, 2008 3:37 PM
To: Jerry Flanders
Cc: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] differences between PSK31 demodulators

Digital...when working is good, it has good and bad points....I am using
analog...which works properly for me.  Digital is not a cure-all.  VAC is
crude and has many bugs ... and the author seems to have an attitude towards
everyone (or at least me) who won't send him the money...I even wanted to
send money, but had a few questions needing answers first. He refused to
answer questions about VAC w/o me buying it first and then said no refund if
it didn't do what I wanted it too.  DUH!!! Tell answer the question first so
I know to avoid problems.

Anyway that is a different issue.  VAC will NOT allow functioning with an
external sequencer ...at least properly.  Whereas a hard wired analog
will...i.e.- rigblaster, Signalink, etc.  Now that the F5K has delayed
relays it might be possible...but before it was not.

What we need is an open source type of VAC that we can configure to our own
needs.  It is also ashame that Flex is relying (not totally...there are work
arounds) on a sole-source program by others for operation of parts of its
PSDR, by putting reference to it in their code.  Why haven't they put
reference, links or buttons to logging programs, voice keyers, digital
programs, etc?  Makes you wonder....

Pete WA2ODO