From: Brian Lloyd [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, July 20, 2008 3:18 PM
To: Jerry Flanders
Cc: Bob McGwier; flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] differences between PSK31 demodulators

On Jul 20, 2008, at 11:53 AM, Jerry Flanders wrote:

> At 02:28 PM 7/20/2008, Brian Lloyd wrote:
>> <SNIP>
>>
>>> If there ever was a compelling reason to use VAC, I missed it. Given
>>> its faults, why is VAC still being recommended?
>>
>> What else can replace it?
> I bought a lifetime supply of these for less than I paid for VAC:
http://www.mpja.com/prodinfo.asp?number=15666+CB

I understand what you are saying Jerry but I must reject it for
philosophical reasons. There is no valid reason to have to convert
back to the analog domain to solve this problem. That is just Rube
Goldberg. Yes, it may work but it is just ... wrong.

And yes, I am using that approach for now but there has to be a way to
fix this properly.

--

73 de Brian, WB6RQN
Brian Lloyd - brian HYPHEN wb6rqn AT lloyd DOT com