Quoting Christos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on Sun 03 Aug 2008 10:32:56 AM PDT:

> But a major feature like dedicated image rejection per band is still
> missing. Maybe it takes a big effort to find  the lines in the code that
> exclude sdr1k.

I don't know that PowerSDR actually doesn't support per band
calibration.  When the program starts up with the F5K, it reads the
calibration numbers from the EEPROM in the radio and stores them in a
structure in PowerSDR.  There's no particular reason why, in the SDR1K
case, it can't be read from a file. (and presumaby that's what's in
the code you published)

However, getting the values for those numbers for the SDR1K is a bit
of a challenge.. as Gerald pointed out, it requires external test
equipment and setup, so it's not an automated process.

At some point, Flexradio has to allocate it's exceedingly scarce
software development resources to one thing and not another.  Perhaps
per-band calibration just isn't high enough on the priority list
compared to, say, full break in QSK CW (certainly, there's a huge hue
and cry for that, compared to image suppression)...

There's a bit more than just reading in the table from a file
involved.  Realistically, one would also need to create the user
interface for the calibration process (some variant on what's already
done for the single cal), and that's a non-trivial process.  At least
for the F5K, no user interaction is needed, so the UI is very simple:
"start cal" and stand back waiting for it to finish.

For the multiband, you'd have "set signal generator to x,y,z. Press
continue." attempt the measurement, validate that it's ok, "next band"

having written this sort of thing, it's a real chore to make it clean
and user acceptable: If you just whipped out a quick and dirty for
yoursef, inevitably, the *second* person to use it would find all the
places where you assumed that something would work.

And..
right now, I believe Flexradio has a "no new features" sort of policy
in place while they try and get to the 2.0 revision.