Quoting Dudley Hurry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on Mon 04 Aug 2008
11:35:03 PM PDT:

> Christos,
>
> Since the 1K does not have the ability to generate a signal to use as an
> image calibration marker,  that you have the test gear there to do
> this?  Which is lucky for you,  but for those that don't,  multi band
> image calibrations are not possible..

No more or less possible than for ANY SDR1K... and, oddly enough
people DO calibrate their SDR1Ks..

You can use any strong narrow band signal to calibrate.  It's a pretty
simple matter to buy a bunch of $1 crystal clock oscillators and wire
them up to a battery.  You can actually do it with fewer than one per
band, because, after, all, our bands are harmonically related, and
besides, if you calibrate at, say, 13.8 MHz, the calibration would be
pretty good for 14.2MHz.  A 3.5 MHz crystal would do pretty well at
calibrating 80,40,30,20,15, & 10...

This is nothing more sophisticated than the marker beacon/crystal
calibrator that was a standard feature in days of yore (and, in fact,
in my 20+ year old FT757).