-----Original Message-----
From: Edward Russell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2008 12:44 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: RE: [Flexradio] CW Skimmer.....Again!

I don't understand "directly" interfacing from the 5k box to Skimmer.
Skimmer needs CAT information in order to control frequency display. If
PowerSDR is not running, where does that info come from?

[Eric] I'm not talking about CAT.  I'm talking about the audio.  When folks
select the FLEX-5000 Audio device in CW Skimmer rather than using VAC or
some other interface, they are wiring the IF directly into CW Skimmer.

Also, doesn't the audio buffer coming in from the Flex have  header info?

[Eric] No.  The audio is just audio in all circumstances.