From: flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz
[mailto:flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz] On Behalf Of Bob McGwier
Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2009 6:48 PM
To: FLEX USERS
Subject: [Flexradio] Two branches of interest to increase your confusion

The test branch and the VS2008 branch have undergone significant revisions. Both of them have a brand new database system (YEA ERIC, HIP HIP HOORAY). We are using XML. You will notice that as soon as you start up, the start up just got faster. You will notice as soon as you click apply in the setup form, it will not run your CPU up to the rail to send two numbers to the database. I cannot tell you how happy I am that jet databases are on their way out for good. This is required because Jet is dead in Vista 64 and probably beyond.

Your database will NOT be automatically converted in these test branches.  You
will have to start over with a clean database.

In VS2008,  it is built using .NET 3.5.  You must go to microsoft update and in
optional software for XP users and make sure you have .NET 3.5 load.  Both the
GUI and PA19.dll REQUIRE this to be installed.

The test branch is in the same place as always.  VS2008 branch (which should
now run on Vista 64) is in branches/n4hy/VS2008/bin/Release will contain all
you need to run it.  The console banner reflects that you are running the
VS2008 branch now.

For those of you just using and enjoying your radio,  this is all very much
test code.  Go about your daily business and don't worry about this stuff until
it gets far enough along to be really stable and in the trunk.

Bob

--
(Co)Author: DttSP, Quiktrak, PowerSDR, GnuRadio
Member: ARRL, AMSAT, AMSAT-DL, TAPR, Packrats, NJQRP, QRP ARCI, QCWA, FRC.