The new XML data storage structure is MUCH better than Access.

The reasons are:

1.) It isn't tied to a Microsoft product (proprietary)
2.) It isn't tied to a Microsoft product (if you haven't guessed, this is
really important)
3.) Allows PowerSDR to work with Vista and Win7 x64 operating systems
4.) Allows for easy editing with a simple text editor and not a program you
have to buy from Micro$oft
5.) A variant of XML, JSON is going to be used in the new SDR architecture.

What everybody needs to do is to realize that this is a FIRST STEP in replacing
the Access database as the database storage facility in PowerSDR.  Please give
everyone some time to adjust to the changes.   It will take Ray a little bit of
time to modify his DataTransfer tools to accommodate the new XML format.  He
didn't know the XML centric version of PowerSDR was being released until
everyone else.  All of these changes are done for specific reasons.  While the
sort term benefit may not seem all that great on our journey to SDR nirvana,
the long term benefit will be very apparent when we get there because it allows
us to get there. (there is a Zen riddle in there somewhere).

-Tim