Anyone have any experience wiring up a PW-1 to a Flex5000A?

If you own a PW-1 you know that it powers on automatically into antenna
switching mode (without turning on) when you power up your Icom radios
attached to it.

I am about to connect my new Flex5000 to a PW-1 as Exciter2

I am running it in parallel with a IC-756PRO3 as Exciter1 so I can
continue to run benchmarks of the 2 radios as well as test the Flex
against a K3, a IC-7800 and a IC-7700.

BTW... subjectively the Flex is blowing away the Pro3 on receive
performance... but that is a subject of a different and future posting
once all the benchmarks are done....

The benefit of the PW-1 is its excellent antenna switch which allows me
to do A/B switching between 2 radios and 4 different antennas (SteppIR
MonstIR, 160M-10 Dipole, 60/80M Dipole, Dummy Load).

The issue is how to physically connect the Flex to the PW-1 so that I
can continue to use the antenna switch without turning the PW-1 on all
the time and heating up the shack.  Yes, I can power the PW-1 by turning
on the IC-756Pro3 or 7800 or 7700 but that is also a waste..

The answer seems to be to:

1.      Set the PW-1 to 2 Exciter Mode,
2.      Connect Pin#7 ACC2 on the PW-1 to the Pin #8 Flexwire 13.8V
3       Connect the grounds Pin# 2 ACC2 to Pin# 1 on Flex Wire).

4.      It would have been very convenient (and saved an extra cable) if
the PTT appeared on the Flexwire connector too instead of wasting Pin#3
on Idiot-proofing.  Then one could have connected Pin#3 on ACC2 to Pin#3
on Flexwire.
(I may rewire Flexwire - since I do not need the Idiot-proofing)

5.      Connect a RCA Jack Cable from Flex Send to PW-1 Send (or does
one really need a relay here to protect it??)

I am currently about to drive to Fry's (Radio Shack has no DIN-7
connectors) to buy DIN-7 and 9 Pin D-Sub connectors...

So if anyone has any experience with this????