Whoops - the "upward shifts" I was referring to are noise floor shifts in the pan display.

Bob
On Jun 21, 2009, at 8:39 AM, Bob McGwier wrote:

But this is not a fix, it is a bandaid. I need an IQ recording of the problem happening. I am unhappy that Frank is having to set the AGC threshold to a pretty ridiculous level. What this says to me is that there is something wrong with attack and it needs to be investigated.

I am very proud of SAM/AM so I don't want it to have problems like this.

Bob
N4HY

Tim Ellison wrote:
Look like you found the fix. The AGC was improved in the 1.18.x releases so this making this parameter change is very reasonable.

-Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz [mailto:flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz ] On Behalf Of Frank Mayer
Sent: Saturday, June 20, 2009 4:22 PM
To: Frank Mayer; flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] 1.18.1 Audio Limiting

A point of interest. I am able to stop this audio limiting effect on AM by reducing the AGC-T control from the nominal setting of 90 to 60 and below, depending on the strength of the RX signal. This was unnecessary previously in 1.16.2 and earlier.

--
(Co)Author: DttSP, Quiktrak, PowerSDR, GnuRadio Member: ARRL, AMSAT, AMSAT-DL, TAPR, Packrats,
NJQRP, QRP ARCI, QCWA, FRC.