I have installed Flex radio on three computers.  The first two were older
slower computers and I did not do much to deal with issues to help with running
Flex at 192 with both receivers going.  I did by a nice Dual Core box which
suits the Flex just fine, without doing anything.

However my point is that Flex sells the 5000C with  a computer built in and
there are no issues with that.  If you want the cheap route then you may have
problems/issues that need to be dealt with. (kinda like a crap shoot)  You then
can pretend it is a regular box radio and cable to your present computer and do
your digital thing the you do now.

I was getting bored with Ham Radio recently (before I bought the FLex) and find
now my wife is upset with me as I spend far too much time playing with the
Flex.  It is really cool now to know that those carriers that sweep the band
are the ionospheric scanners that determine that MUF.  I can click follow them
up in frequency and see that they turn off when passing the WWV frequencies.
The display is better for the displayed (maybe I can connect to the IF out on
the analyzer hmmm) bandwidth than my fancy HP spectrum analyzer (minus the
frequency range).   I can watch most the entire band for activity and plug in
CW Skimmer (run the program) and see who is on CW.  See all the beacons on six
and see the calls displayed. Slick

I have a two button mouse with a thumb wheel, I no longer have to hold my hand
up or reach up to adjust the frequency.  I have 2 (tiny compared to some) 19"
monitors connected, I can have the main Flex screen up on one and have the ATU
and Antenna displays on the other with the KST2Me chat page in the background.
I can even operate the radio without my glasses on, it is hell when you get
older.

I really loved my ProII but the one the ham shack is no longer connected.
If you feel that setting up an unknown computer is too much effort, then buy
the 5000C.

Tom Miller AC5TM 40 plus years of Ham Radio and still learning