At 05:49 AM 8/7/2009, MILLER, Tom wrote:
It is really cool now to know that those carriers that sweep the band are the ionospheric scanners that determine that MUF. I can click follow them up in frequency and see that they turn off when passing the WWV frequencies.

I wonder why the geniuses that designed those things don't simply listen ahead in scan frequency and skip over ANY frequency where there is traffic (even the tiniest bit). They don't need to test EVERY frequency.....

--
Dave Gomberg, San Francisco   NE5EE     gomberg1 at wcf dot com
All addresses, phones, etc. at http://www.wcf.com/ham/info.html