From: flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz
[mailto:flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz] On Behalf Of k...@vhfdx.com
Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2009 1:38 PM
To: FlexRadio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] [SPAM] Re: V/U Upgrade

So will this now support same band RX2?  Will there be any extended RX (and
possibly TX) range?  This would be important for those of us driving
transverters with 144 or 432 IFs for the microwave bands.  There are
situations where frequency allocations are not global (2.3  and 3.4GHz in
particular) which require wideband TX/RX or multiple LOs in the transverter
to cover all the possible splits for EME, not to mention yet another offset
for satellite work on all of the .

Will this option have its own dedicated RF connections (HUGE
plus)?  Someone else mentioned 222.  If 222 TXCV was available, even at the
milliwatt level, that would be a huge bonus!  I would guess that since this
is no longer a transverter, that most of those options would be a matter of
programming.

At 02:57 PM 8/24/2009 -0400, Tim Ellison wrote:
>Ray,
>
>You are 100% correct.  The upgrade that was initially slated as a
>transverter was changed based on user input to a high power unit and is no
>longer a transverter upgrade, but as you correctly stated, a VHF/UHF
>expansion module.
>

>-Tim

73, Robert KR7O/YB2ARO, DM07ba/OI52ee  (ex.  N7STU)
k...@vhfdx.com

www.vhfdx.com (KR7O/YB2ARO homepages)