From: Ray Andrews, K9DUR [mailto:k9...@rnacs.com] Sent: Monday, August 24, 2009 2:11 PM
To: Tim Ellison; 'Ray'; kb...@starband.net; FlexRadio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: RE: [Flexradio] [SPAM] Re: V/U Upgrade

And, while we are on the topic, people have been referring it as a transverter.  I
believe I am correct in stating that it is not a transverter, per se, but actually
an expansion module to extend the hardware to 144 MHz & 432 MHz.  The
difference being that a transverter simply heterodynes (translates) the signals
down to an RF IF frequency, typically
28 MHz, where the normal radio hardware/software takes over.  Whereas with an
expansion module, the 144 MHz & 432 MHz signal processing will use the same
direct-conversion techniques like the radio does on HF/6m.

73, Ray, K9DUR
http://k9dur.info