You should not have to do this but something  is hosed up on your PC preventing
it to load the drivers correctly.  There are hundreds of users using the signed
driver (3.4.0.5354) on Vista x64 without having to resort to using driver
bypass or running in test mode, so the problem is not a systemic one with the
driver.

I don't know if this will work or not, but it is worth a try.  Do all the steps.

1.) Turn off the FLEX-x000 and shut down PowerSDR
2.) Reboot the PC.  Use the F8 boot prompt to boot into SAFE MODE with
Networking.  Logon as the administrator or a user with admin rights
3.) Uninstall the FLEX driver using the Control Panel (if using the classic
style, it is Add and Remove Programs)
4.) Reboot the PC.  Use the F8 boot prompt to boot into SAFE MODE with
Networking.  Logon as the administrator or a user with admin rights
5.) Look for any files in c:\windows\system32\drivers that start with "FLEX".
If they are there, manually delete them.
6.) Download a new driver from the FLEX web site.
http://support.flex-radio.com/Downloads.aspx?id=275
7.) If UAC is enabled, disable it just for the driver install
http://www.petri.co.il/disable_uac_in_windows_vista.htm
8.) Install the new driver.  The driver will install silently.  If you get any
warning messages about trying to installed unsigned drivers, then there is
still a problem somewhere and stop. Reboot when prompted.
9.) Do not boot into TEST mode or use the F8 boot prompt to bypass driver
signing.  Boot normally.   Logon as the administrator or a user with admin
rights
10.) After the PC is completely booted (give it a minute or two), power up the
FLEX-5000.  The driver will install silently once the hardware is detected.  If
you get any warning messages about trying to installed unsigned drivers, then
there is still a problem somewhere and stop.
11.) Open the Firewire control panel and make sure the radio hardware is
recognized.  Set the sampling rate and buffer size to match what you have for
PowerSDR
12.) Then start PowerSDR to verify it is working.
13.) Shut down normally and reboot.  Boot back up normally and see if Vista
complains about the drivers.
12.) If UAC was enabled, re-enable it.

-Tim