Well, I'm not exactly sure what you're expecting when the band is as crowded as shown in that particular example screen shot and, as is often the case, signals from adjacent stations are so close that they overlap. In general, I have no problem identifying the edges of a particular signal when there is no adjacent QRM - certainly to enough accuracy to know whether the selected filter width is sufficient to capture all of the sidebands. I did point out that this was with the 0.5 setting for the panadapter width so there is plenty of scope to expand the display further if that's what floats your boat. As far as the vertical resolution goes, if -40dBm works for you then, let happiness reign.

Brett Gazdzinski wrote:
Mine looks better than that, I adjusted it to expand the amplitude (-40 to -120). If you look at the image you sent, just how wide exactly is that AM signal???
I cant tell.
I see the QST review also nit picked the display... But its much better now that I adjusted it per instructions from Brian. I am having fun now! Brett