Jim,

Am 31.10.2009 um 22:25 schrieb Jim Barber:

[sorry if this is a duplicate]

If my Flex firmware ever said "Look Dude..." to me, I'd scrap it fast.
Next thing you know, it would be infecting the garage door opener and
waiting to strike...

???

If the radios ever do go 'rogue AI' on us, just remember all those
feeping creatures you clamored for. It'll be YOUR fault! ;-)

It will always be the users fault in the end. As a licensed ham every ham confirmed to stay within limits dictated by law. If you don't, no matter why, it is your fault.

My .02 says keep it simple where you can and well-considered where you
can't.

Or: Let's put the energy (or resources) where we benefit from - not in something we already confirmed we will obey or conform to.

Can it go any simpler than "no sw limitations at all" ?

73,
Jim N7CXI

73, Frank DG1SBG